Categories > Best wines for winter parties
Christmas parties or intimate holiday parties are going to have all different types of people with different tastes. Getting wines is easy; however getting the right ones is another story. Here are a few tips in hosting your own winter party.
- Choose a good number of wines (maybe 4-5 wines). A 750-ml bottle of wine contains about 5 glasses, so make sure you don’t run out of wine!
- For good wine experience, use good wine glasses.
- Nothing gets the party started like the sound of a cork popping! So make sure to start with a sparkling wine.
- Red wines are perfect for the winter months. When serving reds, you must be sure that each bottle is opened at the appropriate time for aeration. Vendors who want their customers to have a good wine experience usually write on the detail pages of each wine the information about decanting / aeration.
- Don’t forget that the story always counts big time. Don’t just buy some wines and let them lay on the table. When greeting your guests find a minute or two to talk about the story of the wine you choose for the evening. Just talking about it for a few minutes will make everyone’s wine experience far better.
- You can make also some mulled wine. Prepare this popular cold-weather beverage with cloves, cinnamon, citrus, apple and other additions, allowing you to enjoy a good drink and holiday flavors all at once. Serve it warm!
Browse the winter party wine section bellow, for our recommendations.